Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"EPIDERMY" DREADFULS

I would guess one of the greatest compliments to bestow an artist is to have an admirer ink their own skin with one of artist's works - or how about two of their works? - okay then, how about a whole friggin sleeve? Well Phoenixville, PA resident Ryan Grondin is just that admirer. Ryan emailed me a short while ago with the following images as part of the full sleeve of my art that is in the process of being worked on.

Needless to say I was overwhelmingly flattered. The tattoo artist working on Ryan is Marc Garofolo of Eternal Image Tattoo also located in Phoenixville area.




















I am impressed by all tattoo artists who can fine shade skin with apparent ease, and Marc is obviously one of them. I have trouble achieving it on a stationary piece of paper, I can't imagine if it moved under my brush as well. I think i told Ryan that I was marveling at how he captured the sheen of the Arsenic bottle and would venture to say he actually improved apon it now that I look at my original drawing found here.

Anyway, cool work Marc if you're out there and thanks Ryan for the commitment to my art!!

5 comments:

nicolette said...

oh my god, that is an INSANE compliment. two of my tattoos come from artwork (mucha and audrey kawasaki)... i think your work perfectly translates into tattooing.

Michael Mararian said...

i didn't realize you had an Audrey K tattoo - i would have like to have seen it the other night - if it was in an appropriate spot ofcourse...

Andrew said...

Wow - that's impressive how well your illustrations translate onto skin, a serious compliment indeed from that person/people. Good stuff!

Ryan Grondin said...

The sleeve is coming along nicely! I'll send you some pictures after each addition and then a final one when it's complete.. Thanks again!

mararian said...

Oh man, I really look forward to seeing that. A lot of my friends I've told it about too are a well...