Saturday, May 3, 2008

PREMATURE-REJECT-ULATION

Three years ago, in 2005, I sent artwork samples to a gallery in Los Angeles that does a large group show every year. About a month after the show opened I received a rejection letter from them. That was expected since the show had opened and my art was obviously not it in. I expected the letter.

Today however, May 3rd, 2008 I received a rejection letter again from the same gallery but this time I had not sent them anything. I'm just wondering if this is a "Preemptive rejection letter" in case I was thinking about sending something...they must really not want me to show there.

That would be like going on a blind date with someone and the next day you say it was fun but you're not interested -- and then three years later you call them again and tell them you're still not interested (in case they were wondering).

I don't know - I couldn't stop laughing when I got this letter today- it's definitely my favorite rejection of all time because it's almost paradoxical....nothing I did has been rejected.

No comments: